Caracas, Capital District

5th ave home inspectors ,are deals killer

5th ave Home inspection in west palm beach,had inspected my home in wellington,a home that more then $ 150,000 worth the improvments made. 5th ave ihome inspection had killed the deal by inflating price of minors repairs,as well as pushing thier contractors list to do the job. We had a eoof that was fixed in the last 12 month,we had repalce everything NEW in the house under that roof. 5th ave home inspection had killed the deal,buyer wanted 30k in reducing the price. 5th ave inspection had done ...

5th ave try to push a whole list of contractors to use,clearly they are getting some kick back.

The owner joey refuse to retrn our calls

so if you are a home owner or a realtor and do not want to go through what i did and another home owner in Boca,theny stay away from the pair

Joey and his nerd inspector tom.

TOM couldnt even find the house water main which was right under the window

i am pissed

shame on you 5th ave building inspectopm

Comments

I dealt with 5th Ave Building Inspectors after I had a disastrous situation from a leak and flood and mold and contamination and cross-contamination due to a contractor that did not know what he was doing. I was referred to them to help me with this.

I will be eternally grateful to Joey Caballero for all the professionalism he showed during this debacle. He has a very wide base of knowledge about EVERYTHING to do with your home and especially mold but not limited to mold. He handled the entire problem and did all the testing. He made sure the air test was clean and was very fair to me with the charges because of what I had been through.

He is a wonderful person. I have now retained him for the next problem with the ducts and this inspection.

I trust them implicitly and recommend them highly. I tell all my friends in Wellington how fabulous they are.

Ha. I love the way they edit s t u p i d and i d i o t with ***.

I amend. It is very unwise to walk a deal over minor stuff.

I have seen people with a low IQ make good decisions and people with high IQ make poor decisions. I guess people buying homes are immune from Darwin rules.

If the inspector was negligent you could sue him. That is very hard to do.

Inspectors usually write objective opinion based reports backed up with photos. The problem the seller faces is in learning how to negotiate the sale. The seller should hire another inspector with a reputation tougher than Joey to represent the home for what it is; a used house. The inspector is not after the seller; he is just trying to make a living by explaining observations to a buyer.

If the buyer is a negotiating shark or the home is over priced those are not the inspectors problems. Crying over the whirlpool access cover is ***. Only an *** would not buy a home for a missing cover.

It is not an important item. A 30,000 tile roof is however a problem.

Just review the report again

Report by useless inspector Tom,claims that in guest bathroom,there is no accesses to Jacuzzi

motor and plumbing.

ITS A LIE,THERE IS AN ACCESS THROUGH THE ATTACHED CLOSET WALL

This is what we are talking about

Your A team is worthless,rather then look for the accesses panel.it was easy for him to right THERE ISNT ANY

I CANT WAIT FOR YOUR USELESS REPLY

YOU ARE SO SMART

STAINS ON PLAYWOOD WOW,YOU ARE GOOD

WTF.............THERE WAS A LEACK AND FIXED IT

SMART S

roof is in good condions,they are no leaks in the house

the molture in the garrage attic,is normal for this time of the year which is the rainy season.

The fact that this Joey guy refuse to return a call,and push to use his contarctors to do the work,show me that he might make more money on referles then inspection.

JOEY THIS IS NOT SLANDERING THIS IS THE TURTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH,YOU CAN US ALL THE FANCY WORDS YOU WANT ,AND TAKE ALL THE ACTIONS YOU WANT..............BUTTOM LINE,YOUR SERVICE SUCKS,YOUR INSPECTOR COULDNT EVEN FIND THE WATER MAIN OF THE HOUSE.

NO WHERE IN THE REPORT YOU PARISED THE FACT THAT 90 % OF THE HOUSE IS NEW.

YOU KILLED THE DEAL,WITHOUT ANY RECOMMANDTION IS WRITING AS TO THE COST OF A ROOF

THERE IS 0 SIGNS OF LEAKS IN THE INSIDE OF THE HOUSE

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

WE ARE SELLING A HOUSE THAT IS OVER 10 YEARS WITH OLD ROOF WITH GIVES US 0 PROBLEMS AND REST OF THE US WITH WARRANTIES OF ALL.

WE JUST GOT AN ESTIMATE ON THE REPAIRS 2000-4000 DOLLARS WHERE IS THE 25,000 REDUCTION CAME FROM.

DO NOT DARE TO MIX SLANDERING,AND THE ACTUL THRUTH OF THE STORY

This is a response to the false and defamatory communication recently distributed by unidentified pissed homeowner.

Let's set the record straight….yes! We inspected a house in Wellington, FL that has a 20+ years old tile roof with numerous evidence of prior tile and leak repairs (average life of a tile roof in South Florida is 20-25 yrs). In addition we found numerous areas that have evidence of active leakage on the perimeter overhang and black stains and active fungus on the plywood at several areas in the attic including stains inside the dwelling. We described the facts and of course the prospective buyer wants to back out of the deal unless the contract is renegotiated to take the roof into account. Our client the "buyer" asks us how much it will cost to replace the roof and we calculated it would cost approximately $40,000.

As far as his comments about kick backs maybe that is the way they do business in his neck of the woods…But we don't, we supply our customers with a maintenance booklet including a list of contractors, insurance agents, attorneys and other resources to help our out of town clients. We don't get involved on the repairs or get any consideration for any work; we do it so client can get estimates and bids from reputable contractors.

We must be doing something right since we have 4 full time home inspectors that are very busy and we get 50% of our work from past clients and the other 50% from professional realtors and attorneys that want their clients to get a thorough and unbiased inspection.

In closing, our client and the real estate agent that recommended our company to the Wellington home are very happy with our service. If you are looking home inspectors that are dedicated to the buyers and are very thorough please call us. wwwhouseinspector.org 800 273-5601.

Joey Caballero, home inspector